Monday, March 17, 2014

I Have Been Changed For Good

This past weekend was the Westlake Escalade (or, as I prefer, the Wescalade). It was, for many, the last tournament of the year. It was the sixth tournament I've been to this year and my thirteenth tournament total, and out of all those tournament, this was one of my favorites. It was well run, the facility was good, and the competition was great. But those aren't the reasons why it was one of my favorite tournament of all time. The real reason is because of my friends.

I made a conscious decision before the tournament not to focus on the competition portion of the tournament, but rather to focus on friendships. Before the 2012-2013 tournament season, I had about two friends total. But I made a promise to make friends. That promise has paid off.

I pretty much have the best friends ever. They're encouraging, inspiring, funny, loving, caring, kind, and basically the best. I'm so proud of all of them. They aren't perfect, and neither am I. I don't expect them to be perfect. But I still love them all. I wouldn't be who I am without my friends. They have taught me lessons I may never have learned without them, and they have impacted my life in ways even I can't know.

Even when I'm teasing my friends about who they like, or their lack of vest, or their bony hugs, or anything at all, I still love them. I'm absolutely thrilled when my friends break to finals. I'm absolutely thrilled when my friends tell me that their round went well and then tell me why. I love it when they know I care, and I love it when I know they care. Friends like that are hard to find, and I'm glad that I have been so blessed by such amazing people.

I honestly don't know where I'd be without you guys. I love you all so much. You have blessed me so much and I can only pray that I have blessed you as well. "Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken." (Ecclesiastes 4:12)


Now then. I'm off to see Wicked. Vote affirmative, because I already voted affirmative for you.



2 comments:

  1. HADLEY GOODBYE! HAVE AN AMAZING TIME SEEING WICKED I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your such an inspiring\amazing person. LOVE YA!

    , Emily T.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment. I'll love you forever. <3