Saturday, October 26, 2013

Tournament Fever

There are certain things that get me really excited about tournaments. Like watching speeches on YouTube, trying on suit jackets, or finishing e-ring. But I'm currently in a stage where almost anything related to speech and debate will get me excited. Such as (but not limited to) hearing the word 'extemp,' looking at a calendar and realizing that the first tournament is only a month away, or just seeing my suits in my closet. You see, I have this condition, commonly known as Tournament Fever. (Actually, I just made that up.)

What are some of the other symptoms of Tournament Fever, you may ask? Well, it leads to the want of things that aren't necessarily desirable. For instance...

I want to print off briefs at 11:00PM the night before the tournament
I want to wake up at obscure hours in the morning and put on a suit
I want to wear shoes that murder my feet
I want to eat undercooked hotel waffles in the shape of Texas
I want to get smacked in the face by my name-tag because it has stretchy strings
I want to practically pass out during breaks because I'm so nervous
I want to get drafted unwillingly into timing
I want to cry at the awards ceremony because my friends are amazing
I want to get first place ballots
I want to get ballots in general
I want the hotel staff to shut us up because it's 12:00AM and some people sleep at that time
I want to ask people to vote affirmative for real

Yes, tournament fever is quite the affliction But in 27 days I'll be able to really ask people to vote affirmative. But for now, I'll settle for asking you. And it's for all these reasons that I strongly urge an affirmative ballot at the end of today's debate round.

An undercooked Texas-shaped hotel waffle

3 comments:

  1. Definitely voting affirmative, because tournament fever is ailing me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! so sweet! I'm gonna miss you guys! Good luck at arkansas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll miss you! Have fun crying over Sherlock!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment. I'll love you forever. <3