Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When Will My Round Begin

(To the tune of "When Will My Life Begin" from Disney's Tangled)



7:00am, the usual touney line-up
Start on my speech and practice and polish up
Duo, extemp, impromptu, mars hill, apol
Speech again and by then it's like, 7:15?

So I'll watch a speech, or maybe two or three
I'll add a few new cards into my 2AC
I'll play guitar and time and eat and basically
Just wonder when will my round begin?

Then after lunch it's parli and juniors round two
A break for tab room and Apples to Apples too
Practicing, chatting, texting and announcements
Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch, take a nap, write a script

And I'll re-write my speech, if I have time to spare
I'll fix my 1AC, I'm sure there's room somewhere
And then I'll time and time and time and time extemp
Stuck in the same room I've always been
And I'll keep wondering, and wondering, and wondering, and wondering
When will my round begin?

And tomorrow night, awards will appear
Just like they do on the third day each year
What is it like, up where they glow?
Now that I've practiced, tab room might let me go.


Vote affirmative... as soon as my round starts, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. I'll love you forever. <3