Friday, October 24, 2014

The First Tourney This Season - The Third Year Chronicles #10

(Inspired by for the First Time In Forever, from Disney's Frozen, as well as the upcoming tournament season.)

Registration is open, the schedule's announced
I didn't think they'd tell us this that fast
Who know we'd need 8,000 TP briefs?
For months I've researched for extemp
Why have give an OO with no judge?
There are already people on the waiting list

There'll be actual real debate rounds
Not just practice at club
But wow am I so ready for those breaks

At the first tourney this season
There'll be extemp and duo
At the first tourney this season
I'll be giving my OO
I don't know if I'm just nervous and anxious
Or if I'm actually prepared
But at the first tourney this season
I'll be with my friends

That night imagine me standing up
Waiting for them to call first place
The picture of nerves and excitement
I'm suddenly standing all alone
Everyone else from finals called on stage
I want to freak out, cry, but I keep face

And then I walk and take my trophy
Which is totally amaze
Nothing like the medals from last year

At the first tourney this season
I can read first place ballots
At the first tourney this season
I can take home big trophies
And I know it is totally crazy
To think I'll even place
But at the first tourney this season
At least of I've got a chance

Don't let them in
Don't let them see
Give the platform you always have to give
OO, extemp
Do persuasive
Give one interp and everyone will know

But there's only four weeks left
(There's only four weeks left)
It's agony to prep
(It's agony to prep)
Tell me when there's only one day left
(One day)

At the first tourney this season
I'm getting what I've waited for
A chance to give my brand new speech
A chance to see my friends
And I know it all ends that Sunday
So it has to be that week
Cause at the first tourney this season
The first tourney this season
Nothing's in my way!

For the first time in forever, vote affirmative.
(This post is part of a series called The Third Year Chronicles. Click here for TTYC #9)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. I'll love you forever. <3