Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ten Thousand

This Wednesday, after posting my Taylor Swift parody, I broke 10,000 pageviews all time history here on Kitkats and Impromptu. Not specifically that post, but all my posts. I had been counting pageviews for a few weeks leading up to this. after I hit 9,000 I knew what the next big milestone was.

I was expecting something to change.

Maybe having so many views would bump up my confidence.

Maybe having so many views would mean to beginning of my internet popularity.

Maybe having so many views would result in confetti cannons going off and balloons falling from the ceiling.

New Years, however, is still two weeks away.

Nothing has changed. I still have frizzy hair and glasses. I'm still shorter than most of my friends.

I'm not saying I was defining my entire worth off of how many views my blog had, but I guess I was expecting a small bump in value from this huge milestone. But instead I just had to figure out which button to press to take a screen shot so I could post the above picture on Facebook.

Nothing has changed. I'm still going to sit here, figuring out what songs to do parodies of and what debate related lists to make.

There are people out there who count things in the millions. I'll be here counting the dozens and hundreds and hoping to write another post with the popularity of You Know You're a Christian Homeschool Speech and Debate Kid When...

Vote affirmative. Not that it'll change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment. I'll love you forever. <3